ASK THE RECRUITER!
Today we will be talking about how to overcome the first day of work jitters! The first day of work can be overwhelming, so many new people to meet and so many new things to learn. Feeling nervous is totally normal, it happens to everyone! It’s nerve-wracking, but in an exciting way so keep these tips below in mind to shake the jitters and enjoy your first day!
8 Tips for Successful First day:
- The most important tip: get a good night sleep!!! This will make a huge difference on your first day, you want to feel well rested and ready to tackle the day. You do not want to feel tired and unmotivated.
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast! If you have a habit of skipping breakfast, it is definitely time to change that. Eating a good breakfast will start the day off right and keep you feeling energized throughout the day!
- Dress appropriately! Make sure you feel comfortable but also, making sure you are dressed in the correct attire.
- Arrive on time, and by on time that means early! Not too early of course, but give yourself some time to get settled. You do not want to feel rushed or be late on your first day, late is also classified as right on time! So if your start time is 8:30AM, arrive at 8:15AM or 8:20AM at the latest!
- Introduce yourself! Someone walking by? Stop and introduce yourself! This will make a good impression and help you start making friends at work!
- Take notes! Bring a pad and paper with you, this will help you in the long run! Your nerves will cause you to forget most of what you learn on your first day, so take notes to help you remember!
- Ask questions!! There is nothing wrong with asking questions to find out more. If you’re confused and need clarification, ask! If you’re curious, ask! By asking questions, it shows you are motivated to learn and succeed!
- Lastly, just be yourself! They hired you for being you, so don’t change that!
Keep these 8 tips in mind for your first day! This is your time & your next big thing in life, relax and enjoy every minute of it!