Question: Do you have any tips on how to beat workplace stress?
Workplace stress can affect many different parts of your life and contribute to negative health effects. Try a few simple ways to reduce stress and boost your happiness at work. Your coworkers, family and friends will all thank you.
- Do not dive straight into work. Do you find yourself checking work emails as soon as you wake up in the morning? There is not much you can do until you get into the office, so hold off checking your phone until you start work.
- Create realistic goals. Make a list of what you want to get done during the day but be realistic. If you know you regularly get interrupted with new tasks, get your priority tasks done first thing in the morning. Use a calendar to help keep yourself organized.
- Delegate responsibilities. Ask for help!
- Minimize distractions by creating a daily schedule. Calls, emails, and requests can come in so fast that sometimes you don’t know how you can keep up. Reduce stress caused by juggling too many things at once by creating time to deal with specific distractions. Set aside an hour after lunch to return phone calls and an hour at the end of the day to reply to emails
- Take breaks every 90 minutes. Sitting for hours on end can increase stress and cause back pain, carpal tunnel, eye strain and more. Make a point to get up and walk around a few times a day.
- Laugh every day. Laughter has been found to increase your endorphins, stimulate your muscles, and help soothe the stress response. Find a funny meme or video when you’re feeling stressed out.
Stay tuned next week for another session with our Recruiter!