We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for our client in the construction industry located in Lasalle. This is a FULL TIME position being hired on directly with the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects to ensure they are constructed according to design, budget and schedule.
- Monitor project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety and quality control
- Interface with project team, subcontractors and related third parties
- Monitor and inspect project site to maintain a safe work environment and provide leadership to ensure policies, procedures and standards are followed
- Supervise, provide guidance and assess performance of direct reports and other team members
- Oversee project closeout
- Follow-up on bidding opportunities identified through advertisements, customers, RFQ’s, etc.
- Review job specifications in detail (instructions to bidders, general conditions, and special provisions) as well as specifications on project drawings and reports.
- Prepare job cost estimates including subcontractors and review overhead costs and mark-ups with management
- Follow up on timelines for submitted bids and update the estimating system with results.
- Coordinate the transfer of successful projects, subcontractor contracts and purchase orders to contract administrator and accountant.
- Perform pre-job planning to include all senior role players and attend all site meetings.
- Compile various cost reports and resolve cost issues.
- Track substantial completion of projects and ensure reconciliation of all subcontract agreements.
- Maintain and build customer relations.
- Manage and mentor junior staff.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Engineering degree/certificate, Project Management/Construction Management diploma
- 4+ years of experience in a project management role
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience with multi million budget projects
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Pay: based on experience + vehicle and cell phone + health benefits after 1 year