We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician for our client in Chatham, ON. This is a temporary FULL-TIME position, that operates on a straight day shift.
Great opportunity for recent graduates!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct lab activities in accordance with applicable standards, procedures and policies.
- Maintain documentation and quality records in an orderly fashion.
- Enter accurate test results into system in a timely manner.
- Communicates nonstandard test results or concerns relating to quality, testing, employee and/or equipment to Coordinator.
- Attend training related to procedures, health, and safety as appropriate.
- Interact with site Scheduler to ensure the correct samples are tested and processed.
- Interact with site Trainer to learn hands on testing methods and equipment usage.
- Interact with site Coordinator to obtain daily work tasks.
- Maintain and contribute to a clean and safe working environment in compliance with Safety and Health guidelines and housekeeping practices.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Pursuing or graduate from scientific program (biology, chemistry or agriculture)
- Preferred lab experience but not required
- Secondary School diploma required
- Interested in learning about plants & seeds
- Able to sit/standing for extended time
- Ability to work in a team setting
Pay: $19 – $21/hour
Hours: 40-48 hours per week
Shift: Monday to Friday 7am – 3:30pm (OT: 6:30am – 4pm)
Type: 6-month contract (possibility of extension)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org