We are currently recruiting a Civil Engineer for our client in Windsor, ON. This is a full-time direct hire with the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a productive, high-quality, and customer-focused Civil Engineering discipline/department.
- Transition from current practices to best practices for diversified market sectors.
- Manage various projects from initial design through on-site contract administration.
- Design all aspects of civil projects, including site servicing (storm, sanitary, water, and utilities).
- Conduct hydraulic modeling for clients in educational, commercial, industrial, and healthcare markets.
- Prepare civil working drawings, construction details, and specifications in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, sincerity, conscientiousness, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills in a professional setting.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, supportive environment within a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D, SSA Design suite, PC SWMM, Revit, BIM, AutoCAD (latest edition).
- Proficient in MS Office productivity software.
- Strong familiarity with the Ontario Building Code.
- Knowledge of building science and civil detailing.
- Motivated for continual learning.
- Familiarity with project management in land development, infrastructure assessment & development, and rehabilitation.
- Experience in shoreline management, flood and erosion control, and floodplain mapping using GeoHECRAS and HEC-RAS.
- Familiarity with Town/Municipalities/Conservation Authorities design standards and legislative requirements in Ontario.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Ontario licensed P. Eng. in good standing.
- 10+ years’ experience in civil analysis, design and detailing.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards.
- Knowledge and experience producing 3D models and 2D civil drawings.
- Experience in structural detailing an asset.
- Require knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative, critical and pragmatic thought.
- Strong focus on quality and the ability to check your own work and work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Field experience on construction sites, conducting general reviews for compliance with drawings and specifications and writing reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Correspondence and collaboration with all related disciplines (architects, contractors, planners etc.).
- Ability to function with minimum supervision.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org