We are currently recruiting for an Estimator for our client in Lakeshore, ON. This is a full-time position. This position operates on weekdays and the candidate must be available for weekends shifts. The successful candidate does have the opportunity to get hired on with the company after a probationary period.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compiling customer documentation such as RFQ’s, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements around RFQ and machine concept.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintains cost data base and proposals by entering and backing up data.
- Using company history to verify cost and project feasibility to mitigate project risk.
- Assist sales team as required.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items to the BOM and assisting purchasing on manufactured items
- Analyze market trends and adjust cost models accordingly
- Review cut sheets and provide insight to job performance
- Assist other estimators with machine and automation quotations and provide initial procurement quotes if required
- Assist sales with customer insight and analyzing cost models for competitive bid process
- Establishing manufacturing budgets for SAP data entry
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Background in machining would be considered a requirement
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be available to work weekends if required
- Must be available to travel domestically and internationally
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Detail and goal-oriented
Pay: $50,000 – $60,000/year
Type: Temp to Perm