We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor (Plastic Injection Molding) for our client in Kingsville. This is a FULL-TIME position with the opportunity to be hired on with the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance is carried out in a timely manner as per
- Any PM activity which results in longer downtime than originally
- scheduled must be reported to the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance performed is documented on the PM
- Check sheets and maintained in computer system.
- Worksheets are to be handed in after all applicable PM work is complete,
- Ensure that all machine & building maintenance issues for all GFX facilities are
- coordinated and given prompt attention. Use troubleshooting to determine the cause of the breakdown. All repairs are to be documented in job tracking system
- Ensure that any safety issues arising due to machine & building maintenance are immediately attended to.
- Inform the respective Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager of all parts requirements in regard to preventive maintenance.
- Maintain job tracking system in computer system for all department work performed. Use this data to analyze Maintenance department costs and make recommendations to management as necessary in an effort to be cost effective for all jobs performed.
- Maintain inventory on maintenance items in computer system and issue inventory to proper jobs as per job tracking system.
- Assign required work to be performed to Maintenance personnel. Oversee their work activities to ensure it is being performed to meet all safety and quality standards.
- Ensure that the O.H.S.A. and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to. Comply with provisions of the O.H.S.A. and Regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the worker. Comply with any orders and requirements of inspectors, directors, and other agents from the M.O.L. Acquaint a worker and supervise with any hazard present in the workplace and provide information, instruction and competent supervision for workers. Be visible, assume leadership, and assist in developing and initiating an effective health and safety attitude. Participate and initiate in continuous safety training.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Must possess a certificate in Industrial Electrical Repair if performing any in depth electronic repairs, a definite asset.
- Certification as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic a must, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience performing machine maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949/ISO14001 requirements especially as it relates to machine maintenance and Significant Environmental Aspects including: a. Contaminated Air Emissions from Welding b. Contaminated Air Emissions from Heater c. Contaminated Refrig. Release from Compressors or HVAC d. Contamination of City of Windsor Domestic Water System
- Must have a strong mechanical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabricating equipment.
- Must have blue print reading knowledge.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must have excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics a definite asset.
Pay: $19.96 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience