We are currently recruiting a Mold Designer for our client in Oldcastle. This is a FULL TIME opportunity with the chance to be hired on with the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all designs are complete and accurate and within hours quoted
- Make recommendation for continuous improvements on ongoing basis
- Provide input on a timely basis (at design kickoff meetings) of any issues that would prevent meeting quoted hours, and suggest appropriate solutions
- Assist in the development of design standards to be used on all projects. Follow all design standards for all projects.
- Ensure design standards and prints released to floor are created with ease of manufacturing in mind
- Maintain hours worked in E2 on a timely basis as established by company policy.
- Maintain a log of all design hours with short write up on the changes for R&D claim
- Ensure all employees record all design hours by project on a daily basis within E2 and have analysis complete for project close out meeting
- Research new improved way to reduce design cycle time and errors, communicate these improvements to operation manager
- Advise Design Leader as soon as known about delays that could cause hours and due dates to not be met.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a central library to share all information to all department employees
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the design department employees to generate improvement ideas
- Work closely with Design Leader to establish the best sequence that drawing need to be released to manufacturing to ensure the best use of the manufacturing time and machine utilization
- Provide input on the development of design standards for design department
- Whenever making changes to design consult with Design Leader to ensure meeting requirements of manufacturing and their capability to manufacture
- Record all design hours on concepts and track them for purpose of SRED claim each year
- Duties as assigned by supervisor
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Sound knowledge of machine shop equipment workings, functions, safety set-up
- Computer skills –E2, Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Projects, Unigraphics NX
- Understanding of mold flow
- Project management skills
- Lean manufacturing implementation and sustainability
- Completion of the Mold Designer Certificate and apprenticeship from accredited college
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com