We are currently recruiting Maintenance Technicians for our client in McGregor. This is a FULL-TIME position on a days, afternoons rotation. There is opportunity to be hired on directly with the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule maintenance repairs on equipment.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting/repair of machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., “systems for preventative maintenance”, “maintenance requisitions”, scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Keeps current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains various electrical components, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms.
- Troubleshoots, installs, and repairs plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Post- Secondary Education
- 3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance function
- Highly motivated and able to work independently able to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Die Setup/Press Safety training considered an asset
- Layered Process Audit and Error Detection training considered an asset
- Skilled Trades Certification in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Forklift Training and/or License considered an asset
Schedule: Day/Afternoon Rotation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org