We are currently recruiting for a Junior CNC Machinist for our client in Lakeshore, ON. This is a full-time position that operations on a day shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, surface locations, and machining parameters.
- Interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock and determining availability, anticipating needed stock, placing and expediting stock orders, and verifying that stock has been received.
- Ability to program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements by using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry skills, and proving part programs.
- Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices, and tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces by adhering to international standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 6 months of experience operating a CNC machine
- Post-secondary school diploma in CAD/CAM would be considered an asset
- Secondary school diploma is a requirement
- Able to carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistently
Pay: $20 – 21
Shift: Day shift
Type: Temp – Perm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org