We are currently recruiting for a Human Resource Officer for our client in Essex, ON. This is a contract position from August 2022 until March 2023. The successful candidate will be required to work full-time hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with recruitment by conducting interviews as assigned, performing reference checks, preparing hiring packages and completing them with the new employee
- Processes employee payroll information and employee changes on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares, processes, and completes payroll through a computerized system on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides clerical support to the Director, Human Resources by preparing confidential employee correspondence and maintaining employee files and records.
- Processes requests for sick leave, maternity leave and other leaves of absence and ensures computerized systems are up to date.
- Co-ordinates and inputs all changes to employee information through database.
- Completes benefit and pension enrolment procedures for employees, monitor problems, review monthly billing, and prepare changes.
- Prepares reports as requested relating to human resources information (ie. workplace injuries, training, attendance, hiring, terminations).
- Processes forms related to workplace injuries and submit to WSIB. Provides follow-up documentation to management and tracks incidents.
- Co-ordinates mandatory training for all employees through a computerized training management system.
- Update Agency training packages as requested, uploads training to the Agency learning database and tracks completion of training on an ongoing basis.
- Updates Policies and Procedures as well as Agency used forms as requested and ensures updates are copied to the appropriate locations and updated to the Agencies Employees Only website.
- Assists the Director, Human Resources by providing research assistance for special projects relating to human resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Post-secondary graduation with a two (2) year diploma/degree in Human Resources.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a human resources role
- Experience conducting interviews, recruitment, maintenance of employee information, and payroll.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficient in Nitro software and in MS Teams
- Avanti experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com