We are currently recruiting for a General Labourer for our client in Windsor, ON. This is a full-time position that operates on a continental shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform day to day liquid, blister and finished good operations as required.
- Achieve pre-determined goals related to production, quality, and safety.
- Follow and complete documentation required by the manufacturing formula.
- Identify and handle bulk materials/components/products.
- Disassemble, clean and re-assemble equipment such as liquid filler, blister machine, sort-o-mat, or polisher.
- Utilize weighing equipment in conjunction with a computerized system.
- Maintain equipment and the work area in a clean and organized fashion.
- Report any defects to lead-hand.
- Visually inspect filled bottles, blisters, cartons, capsules, polish, package.
- Count and weigh rejected product.
- Visually recognize and sort sub-standard product.
- Complete accurate and compliant documentation of all necessary paperwork.
- Operate sorting machines, scales, packaging equipment.
- Perform any other miscellaneous duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in manufacturing is an asset
- Working knowledge of personal computer programs i.e. Excel, Outlook & Word
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Perform basic mathematical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work in a clean and efficient manner with emphasis on detail and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to understand and implement instructions – both written and verbal.
- Reliable and able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Experience in liquid/softgel manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, ensuring that the job responsibilities are carried out efficiently and on a timely basis.
Type: Direct Hire
Shift: Continental shifts – 1 month of days & 1 month of nights
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org