We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Administrator for our client in Windsor. This is a Full-time position that operations on a straight Day shift. The successful candidate has the opportunity to get hired on with the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare Global Budget, including updates, monitor department/program budgets
- Prepare an analysis of monthly financial reports; annual budgets; cash flow reports
- Ensure that the organization continues to meet all contractual requirements, accreditation, and risk management
- Prepare Financial Statements for the Executive Director, Board, Managers, and funding agents
- Establish and maintain a strong work relationship with lenders, suppliers, and financial services products
- Monitor and review all corporate and internal policies
- Works with managers and Executive Director in planning, forecasting trends, overseeing, and reviewing plans for the building /lease facilities on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare and complete all financial program reports as outlined in the funding contracts
- Maintain and control an accurate financial record filing system
- Prepare and distribute all cheques for payment in accordance with the global budget
- Responsible for accounts receivable billings, monthly statements, the collection of outstanding accounts in accordance with corporate policy
- Track all donations, grants, etc. including issue of charitable receipts as required
- Preparation of year-end files and reports for Annual Audit
- Preparation of proposal documentation including budgets and cash flow statements.
- Ensure payroll data is provided to payroll service as required and posted to accounts
- Ensure compliance and payment of all provincial and federal legislation
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent experience
- CPA designation considered an asset.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting from trial balance, report writing, program budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and finance management.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience and proven competency in Simply Accounting software, ADP Workforce considered an asset
- A minimum of 2 years management experience, in a not-for-profit organization is considered an asset
- Proven competency using all major software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, team player with strong managerial, planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form, work independently, ability to work in a team environment, ability to multi-task, ability to effectively problem-solve and meet monthly deadlines and manage processes.
- Must be bondable
- Must possess a valid Level 2 police clearance, renewed every 3 years
Shift: Day Shift
Type: Temp to perm