We are currently hiring an Event Coordinator for our client located in Windsor. The Event Coordinator will ensure that the standards of customer service and satisfaction are exceeded throughout the entire event planning process, from the event finalization phase to execution in a fast paced, high volume, multi-faceted facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, organize, and finalize all event details for weddings, corporate and social events, and ensure client satisfaction on the day of the event.
- Assist clients in the planning process with updates and suggestions that enhance their experience.
- Create floor plans for events, as well as reviewing clients’ floor plan for accuracy and calculation of seated guests.
- Handle walk-in inquiries for future business.
- Maintain contact and effective communication throughout the planning process to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction for all clients.
- Coordinate event logistics and ensure event details are carried out on the day of the event.
- Ensure Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), floor plans, and other documents required for all team members participating in the event.
- Respond to all email and phone inquiries, confirmation of event details, questions, and concerns from clients in a timely manner.
- Utilize effective upselling techniques with clients for add on items.
- Stay up to date on industry trends by reading publications, attending seminars, conferences, webinars, and other professional development avenues in relation to the wedding and events industry.
- Introduce and recommend preferred vendors for event services, including décor, set-up and day of coordination professionals, lighting and DJ services, event rental companies, etc.
- Maintain solid and open communication with various operations departments, including Front of House, Back of House, and Maintenance.
- Build partnership with the Food and Beverage Manager, Chef, and Key Servers in order to ensure that the service standards are maintained.
- Attend and participate in sales, operations, and weekly BEO meeting as required.
- Use of Caterease program to track, solicit, book, and follow up on accounts.
- Follow up with clients for client feedback.
- Prepare invoices and invoice clients for any outstanding balance owed on their contract, prior to the event taking place.
- Conduct and take sales calls as needed to show prospective clients the facility and utilize effective sales techniques to book events.
- Attend wedding shows and all annual events and menu tastings.
- Other delated duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, specialization in Event Management, Professional Event Planning, Tourism, Hospitality Management, Social Sciences, or Arts preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in an Event Coordinator position.
- Knowledge of Caterease is considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong sense of exceeding in providing quality service to both internal and external customers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org