We are currently recruiting for a Commodity Buyer for our client in Windsor This is a Full Time Direct Hire position that operations on a Day shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define, develop and implement strategy for the assigned commodity, including management and optimization of the supplier panel.
- Lead the negotiations process including timelines and facilitate the decisionmaking process
- Work with the engineering team during early stage of design to influence cost and lead time. Promote standardization, modularization, and upstream integration.
- Drive cross-functional team to perform Supplier capacity/capability assessments.
- Understand and track performance of the organizations spend, supply market, costs, and tiers of suppliers.
- Support development of business cases and track supplier performance and cost savings
- Manage the business review process with suppliers to ensure that market trends, supplier performance and the future business needs of the sectors are aligned
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- 8-10 years’ of purchasing experience within a manufacturing industry preference in automotive.
- Technical college diploma and / or university degree
- SCMP designation or equivalent preferred
- Require highly effective skills in organization, planning and communication and the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail and goal-oriented
- Strong business computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
Pay: 65K-75K Depending on Experience
Type: Direct Hire
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org