We are currently recruiting for a CAD Designer for our client in Windsor, ON. This is a full-time contract position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all new designs follow a planned and structured approach which meets or exceeds the guidelines in the APQP manual.
- Maintain and manage computer aided design (CAD) system.
- Assist Tooling Technician in the design of dies and fixtures.
- Create detailed tooling prints for the tool room and manage all changes.
- Make sure suppliers and customers receive all information in order to process parts to print. (fax, e-mail or deliver)
- Work with Suppliers to research and develop cost efficient ways to maintain supplies in the tool shop.
- Ordering and cost comparisons on supplies and materials for job requirements in tool shop.
- Help out with administration work for the tool shop (P.O.’s, Measurables)
- Design and support tooling requirements needed by maintenance and other plants as required.
- Adhere to all housekeeping policies and 5S initiatives.
- Make and maintain Lotus spread Sheets (Check Sheets, Die lists, Fixture and Job list).
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Assist with other projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Grade 12 education Required.
- Attending or completed post-secondary Tool Fixture and Gauge Designer program.
- Must have extensive knowledge of IATF 16949 requirements including experience with documentation and implementation.
- Computer skills in spreadsheet and word processing applications in a Windows environment is a definite asset.
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously.
- Must be team oriented with good communication and organizational skills.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver’s license.
Type: Full-time, 11 month contract
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org