We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Production Supervisor for our client in Windsor. This is a Full Time – Direct hire position that operations on a Midnight Shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hand out daily work schedules to employees (check with Production Supervisor to be sure that jobs have been correctly designated.)
- Ensure that correct prints are following jobs issued on floor.
- Comply with the provisions of the O.H.S.A. and requirements and take every
- precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the workers.
- Conduct routine daily inspections (document findings) of the workplace and provide copies for management.
- Initiate appropriate corrective actions for any unsafe conditions or situations identified. Investigate, report and take corrective action to address identified unsafe acts or conditions. Ensure that only authorized, qualified (competent) individuals operate equipment.
- Initiate progressive discipline actions, according to policy under the guidance of the production supervisor. Work with J.H.S.C. and assist as required.
- Ensure that general housekeeping practices are adhered to.
- Ensure that daily preventive maintenance schedules are being adhered to during the off-shifts (afternoons and midnight’s), the incumbent is responsible to establish and maintain communication with other people in roles of responsibility (i.e. quality, set-up, lift truck driver etc.) to ensure that production is running effectively and efficiently. At all times the Assistant Production
- Supervisor works closely with the Production Supervisor to report any production problems.
- Communicate with other shift supervisors in matters relating to production and quality (i.e. -problems,
- production goals being reached, machinery not working properly.)
- Ensure that employees are following all rules and codes of conduct established in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure that employees involved in accidents receive the proper care required. All accidents must be documented on an Accident Report form accurately and completely.
- Ensure that all new personnel have received appropriate training on their job so that they are aware of Quality, Productivity and Safety requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to production employees (direct reports) which include attendance management and performance management.
- When and where necessary, implement corrective action to bring about positive changes in employee to ensure optimum quality and efficiency, under the guidance of the production supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or designate
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Minimum grade 12 education required, further education a definite asset.
- Must be familiar with Heath the Safety legislative
- Must have a strong technical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabricating equipment.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Must be team oriented, excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must be knowledgeable in matters relating to health and safety.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver’s license.
Pay: Negatable Depending on Experience
Type: Direct Hire
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org