ASK A RECRUITER!
Today we will be talking about how to properly fill out a job application. A lot of the time we try to rush through the application because we’re nervous and end up making mistakes that could have been avoided had we just taken our time.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when filling out a job application:
- Read and follow all of the instructions properly. Go over the application briefly before you begin completing it.
- Avoid leaving any blanks on your application. If you do not understand what it is asking, ask for clarification. If the section does not apply to you, simply put not applicable or N/A.
- Make sure your writing is neat, spaced properly and legible! Especially email addresses. Make sure your underscore does not look like a dash.
- Make sure everything is spelt correctly, especially when filling out employment history.
- Double and triple check your application before submitting.
- Lastly, and most importantly do not put false information or lie on your job application. This step is extremely important because employers now use social media to screen potential candidates. You do not want to be caught in a lie and risk losing out on a potential job opportunity.
Filling out a job application can be overwhelming, bring a cheat sheet! This will help you remember to include all of the necessary information that you might forget. Especially information about your employment history. For example, start and end dates, supervisor contact information and much more.
Dot all your i’s and cross all your t’s to ensure a flawless job application!