ASK THE RECRUITER! Join us every week for the latest tips, tricks and hints for everything job related! Have a question, please direct it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer your questions!
Question: I sit at a desk all day long and I keep hearing how bad this can affect your health. Any tips on how to stay fit at work?
- Walk as much as possible. You’d be surprised how easy it is to add a little extra walking to your day. Park further away, take stairs rather than the elevator or even take a quick walk during your lunch break.
- Move around the office. It’s important to get up and move every two hours. You don’t have to set an alarm but try walking to a co-workers desk instead of sending an email or making a phone call.
- Workout at your desk. You can do mini workouts at your desk without taking away from work time. Try squeezing the muscles in your core tightly for one minute while you type on the computer, then release. Get in as many reps throughout the day as you can.
- Don’t snack. It’s easy to snack all day long at work if you let yourself. Be mindful of unhealthy options and opt for fruit or veggies instead.
- Drink lots of water. This is a no brainer! Try to get in as many glasses of water as possible. It will not only help to promote weight loss but it is very good for your skin.
Stay tuned next week for another session with our Recruiter!