ASK THE RECRUITER! We’re here to help you with all of your questions related to finding and keeping your dream job! Join us every week for the latest tips, tricks and hints for everything job related! Have a question, please direct it to email@example.com and we will be happy to answer your questions!
Today we will be talking about how you can sabotage your own job search!
- Missing a job interview or cancelling minutes prior to it starting.
- Not responding to emails from potential employers, or failing to do so in a timely manner.
- Accepting a job offer and then going MIA.
- Not proofreading your cover letter and resume. This includes spelling and grammar.
- Including an inappropriate email address. Party_girl_69@hotmail.com may hinder the Recruiter from picking up the phone to call you.
- Not having any questions to ask your Interviewer or asking questions you should already know the answer to if you had done research on the company/position.
- Changing your salary requirement during the process. We ask this for a reason. We don’t want to waste your time or ours if the pay is too low for you to consider.
- Not being flexible with your time. Your employer will not want to work around your soccer practice every week at 2pm. Figure out where your priorities lie or state these stipulations at the beginning of the process.
We hope these tips help you in your job search. Stay tuned next week for another session with our Recruiter!