ASK THE RECRUITER! We’re here to help you with all of your questions related to finding and keeping your dream job! Join us every week for the latest tips, tricks and hints for everything job related! Have a question, please direct it to email@example.com and we will be happy to answer your questions!
Question: Does it really matter what I wear to an interview?
Yes, it does! This is your first impression with the company; you want to get started on the right foot. Now, we aren’t saying you need to buy a brand new outfit but taking a little extra time to make sure you are polished will go a long way. However, if your wardrobe is outdated or your clothes/shoes are beat up and torn, it may be time to visit your nearest Winners or Marshall’s for a fresh new look.
Let’s take a look at some common mistakes:
- Say no short hemlines and plunging necklines.
- Pull out the iron (It’s the worst, we get it).
- Take it easy on the cologne or perfume.
- No headphones, flips flops or baseball caps. While we’re on it, no gum either.
- Keep your makeup light and neutral.
- Keep accessories to a minimum.
We hope these tips help and you are prepared for your next interview. Stay tuned next week for another session with the Recruiter!