ASK THE RECRUITER! We’re here to help you with all of your questions related to finding and keeping your dream job! Join us every week for the latest tips, tricks and hints for everything job related! Have a question, please direct it to email@example.com and we will be happy to answer your questions!
Question: I just landed an interview but I have no idea on how to prepare myself for success. This jobs means a lot to me; Do you have any tips on how to make a great first impression?
Prepare, prepare, prepare!
- Dress professionally and make sure you are well-groomed. You only get one shot at a first impression, so make it a great one.
- Know your resume! It’s important to take some time to think back on your past experiences and remember what your tasks and accomplishments were. Nothing is worse than saying “I did everything” and not be able to provide specific responsibilities.
- Practice your answers. Google possible interview questions and be prepared with possible answers. Reciting those answers out loud will help you determine bad habits but will also make you feel more comfortable during the interview.
- Research the company and the job position. Be prepared and blow them out of the water with what you know.
- Prepare a list of questions. This shows the Recruiter that you are interested in the job and that you want to ensure it is a fit for both the company and yourself.
We hope these tips help and you are prepared for your next interview. Stay tuned next week for another session with the Recruiter!